At EVS we strive to provide our customers with best-in-class customer service and support at all times. Your full satisfaction about our products and services is our top priority. Therefore, we have developed a service level agreement program that guarantees smooth-running operations, uptime maximization, secured investments and better control of your Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
To meet customers' specific needs and budget, EVS offers two levels of support services: Advanced and Premium
|Access to knowledge base (Procedures, Tutorials, EOL)||⚫||⚫|
|Incident case/tracking (by priority)||⚫||PRIORITY|
|24/7 telephone support||⚫||PRIORITY|
|Product Change Request||Available for MI Equipment only||PRIORITY|
|Remote system health check||1/year||4/year|
|Onsite technical intervention||72 hours||24 hours (3)|
|Technical account manager||Option (1)||⚫|
|Access to software updates||⚫||⚫|
|Access to software upgrades||⚫||⚫|
|Alerts about updates and upgrades||⚫ (1)||⚫|
|Remote update / upgrade assistance||⚫||⚫|
|Advance exchange of parts||3 Business days||1 Business day|
|Free replacements of parts||⚫||⚫|
|Hardware upgrade (Same generation) - XT-VIA & XS-VIA||Option||⚫|
|Onsite spare parts||Option (2)||⚫|
(1) Option non available for MI Equipment.
(2) Option non available for Dyvi and Neuron.
(3) Onsite technical intervention within 24h can not be guaranteed in all areas. Please check with your account manager for more information.
- All SLA services are subject to conditions (see details in sections below).
- "Premium" SLA is not available for MI Equipment
- SLA service do not cover "Synapse" product
Any capitalized term shall have the meanings as set forth hereunder.
- "Office Days" means Monday to Friday (except for Customers located in the Middle East for which the Office Days mean Sunday to Thursday), excluding public holidays in the country from where the SLA Services are provided (EVS support center).
- "Office Hours" means 9AM to 6PM - and for MI Equipment only, 9AM to 5:00PM - in the applicable time zone of the country from where the SLA Services are provided (EVS support center).
- "Commencement Date" is the start date for any SLA Service commitment as communicated by EVS to Customer.
- "Covered Site(s)" means the site(s) where the Equipment is located at the signature of this SLA as agreed between EVS and Customer.
overall support services
In the event of an Incident, and upon reporting of such Incident, EVS will use its commercially reasonable efforts to provide the SLA Services that are available under the applicable SLA Service Level according to the procedure and within the response time set forth hereunder it being understood that the conditions for SLA services provision listed below shall be met at all time.
1. Access to knowledge base
Customer is granted access to EVS Knowledge Base which provides valuable information such as how to address common customer issues (FAQ), gain insight on broadcast industry, workflow optimization, instructional videos or articles, and others. The EVS Knowledge Base is reachable through the EVS Web Portal (or other means). In addition, Customer can subscribe to receive press releases, newsletters a well as notifications on useful information.
Conditions for above SLA service provision: this option is not applicable to the MI Equipment
2. Support channels
Customer can submit an Incident to EVS support engineers
- for Severity Level 1 or 2, Incident through EVS Hotline and EVS Web Portal
- for Severity Level 3 Incident to EVS through EVS Web Portal only
Only the above channels might be used for these types of Incident in addition to EVS Mail for the follow-up thereof. EVS does not warrant any SLA Services required through other channels.
The SLA Services shall be provided through EVS Hotline, EVS Web Portal, Email and remote connection.
Conditions for above SLA service provision: Customer’s representatives onsite that report and follow up the Incident shall have a good knowledge of Customer’s setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the troubleshooting.
3. Incident case tracking (by priority)
For each request by Customer for SLA Services, EVS will identify each discrete problem relating to a reported Incident with a unique “Case Number” for tracking purposes. Based on this Case Number, Customer will be allowed to follow the evolution and the treatment of the Incident through the EVS Web Portal. The Case Number will be updated on Office Days during Office Hours only.
Conditions for above SLA service provision: - Customer’s representatives onsite that report and follow up the Incident shall have a good knowledge of Customer’s setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the troubleshooting.
4. 24/7 Telephone SLA Hotline Service
Customer shall receive priority 24/7 telephone SLA Services through the EVS Hotline (English speaking), with access to EVS technical support service 24/7, 365 days a year. Customer can submit an Incident to EVS Hotline for any Severity Level 1 or 2 Incidents.
As soon as the Incident has been duly reported by the Customer as described above, EVS shall use its commercially reasonable efforts to provide the SLA Services within the below time of response (it being understood that the below times of response only relate to the amount of time required to start providing the relevant SLA Services and are not time to restore):
Support Service Level Technical Support Coverage Response Time Objective Premium 24x7 via EVS Hotline Response within 30 min Advanced 24x7 via EVS Hotline Response within 1 hour
The SLA Services shall be provided through EVS Hotline, Email and remote connection.
Conditions for above SLA service provision: upon request of EVS, Customer shall subsequently provide the following information:
- contract ID
- name of the relevant contact persons of Customer in the case at hand and any required additional information (name, address, phone/fax number, e-mail address)
- serial number and version of the relevant hardware and/or software
- description of the Incident and steps required to recreate the Incident
- identification of the Incident as a Severity Level 1, 2 or 3 (subject to EVS’ approval thereof)
- and any third party or other environmental information required to address the incident.
5. Remote system health check
EVS will perform a thorough review of Customer existing hardware and software through VPN connection to identify operational gaps and providing actionable and corrective steps that help to improve reliability and availability.
EVS technical support engineers will assess Customer’s platform by analysing system logs, database sizes and archive storage size and trace data to ensure customer is not experiencing configuration or bottleneck issues. The inspection includes an evaluation of servers, security, databases, licensing, versions, network and configuration.
EVS will provide a report and review it (over the phone) with Customer.
The Remote System Health Check will occur as follows depending on the chosen SLA Services level:
Support Service Level Frequency Premium 4x/Y Advanced Once/year
The dates of the remote checks will be scheduled jointly by EVS and Customer and only during Office Hours.
Conditions for above SLA service provition: - Customer’s representatives onsite in charge of managing the remote check shall have a good knowledge of Customer’s setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the troubleshooting.
6. Onsite technical intervention
In the event that EVS’ diagnostic through other support means (including remotely) indicates that an onsite intervention is required, EVS shall send an EVS qualified engineer onsite. EVS will use its commercially reasonable efforts to provide this Onsite Technical Intervention within:
Support Service Level Timing Premium 24h* (from T0**) Advanced 72h (from T0**
*Onsite intervention within 24 hours cannot be guaranteed in all areas. The intervention timing shall be thus confirmed by EVS to Customer.
**T0 (time to send someone on site) is the moment when EVS’ technical expert and the Customer come to the conclusion that an on-site intervention is required.
Conditions for above SLA service provision:
- Customer shall guarantee access to the Equipment with no obstruction during any intervention
- Customer's representatives onsite in charge of managing the onsite intervention shall have a good knowledge of Customer's setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the troubleshooting.
7. Technical Account Manager
Provided that Customer has subscribed to a Premium SLA whose yearly amount is above or equal to 150K$/135KEUR or has bought this option to his Advanced or Premium SLA, EVS shall assign a dedicated EVS member of the personnel to follow up on the provision of SLA Services as well as all related pending Incidents, issues and requests.
EVS’ Technical Account Manager (“TAM”) shall aid customers in delivering upon their overall business strategies, while providing direct oversight and regular communication in a proactive approach to overcome challenges and reduce issues. The TAM will maintain updated documentation and knowledge, as it pertains to the customer’s system, workflows, & general technical support needs. TAM shall be available during Office Hours. EVS reserves the right to change TAM, at its own discretion, whenever necessary.
Conditions for above SLA service provision:
- Customer's representatives onsite in charge of the relationship with the TAM shall have a good knowledge of Customer's setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the troubleshooting
- Customer shall coordinate requested support procedures. When TAM requests action, Customer must have ability to provide and coordinate appropriate steps.
- This option is not applicable to the MI Equipment (but may be offered for such equipment at EVS' sole discretion).
8. Product Change Request
For MI Equipment only, Customer may issue requests relating to Product Change via the EVS Web Portal. EVS shall review the request and provide an answer if it is retained as Product Change. The request shall be answered on best effort basis. Whether the Product Change will be implemented and how it will be implemented is subject to EVS’ sole discretion.
Product Change relates to the request of a new feature.
Conditions for the above SLA service provision:
- No response times are applicable
- The option is applicable only to MI Equipment
1. Access to software updates
As Software maintenance Updates become available, EVS will make such updates available (generally through remote download) to the Customer at no additional charge, provided that the related hardware initially purchased by Customer and software release version installed on the hardware of Customer can support them.
Conditions for above SLA service provision:
- Customer shall follow Updates availability and keep its setup up to date with latest update version whenever possible and taking into account their setup complexity
- Customer shall ensure compatibility of the Software installed with other versions of EVS and third-party products.
2. Access to Software Upgrades
Access to Software Upgrades gives the right to use the latest software major release at no extra cost, provided that the related hardware initially purchased by Customer can support them.
Conditions for above SLA service provision:
- Customer shall meet the Technical requirements prior to upgrading the software versions and ensure the compatibility with other EVS and third-party products.
- Customer shall plan the support of EVS for installation, configuration and migration of the systems.
- Customer shall order and install any required hardware upgrades and the professional services required for the Upgrade shall be paid by the Customer.
3. Software Update/Upgrade Assistance (remotely)
EVS may remotely assist Customer with timely Software Updates or Upgrades of the current version of Customer’s Software that will correct identified problems, fix bugs or provide improvements in operation and will provide follow-up thereafter. Assistance needs to be planned and shall be scheduled during Office Hours.
Conditions for service provision: Customer's representatives onsite in charge of managing the Software Update or Upgrade shall have a good knowledge of Customer’s setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the intervention.
1. Advance exchange of parts, repair or free replacement parts
In the event that Hardware failures exceed the capacity of the Onsite Spares Parts provided under this SLA (if applicable), and if deems necessary, EVS will use its commercial reasonable efforts to ship a replacement hardware component to Customer at Customer’s written request on the next Office Day (in case of Premium SLA) (subject to availability) or within three Office Days (in case of Advanced SLA) in “Advance Exchange” of reception of Customer’s defective hardware component. If, for any emergency reason, part must be delivered faster, extra cost is at Customer’s expenses. This service is available during regular local business hours. (if request made outside business hours through Hotline, the request is taken care of next Office Day).
All requests will be handled through the Customer support tool and visible on the EVS Web Portal by the Customer. All shipping information will be transmitted to the Customer to allow Customer to track his shipment.
Advance Exchange of hardware components includes labour and component costs for discrete identifiable serial numbered hardware components that contain serialized modules that can be shipped as a complete module. Advanced Exchange of hardware components does not cover wearable (consumable) components as defined by the hardware, nor does it provides troubleshooting, Software consulting or technical support coverage.
Support Service Level Timing Premium 1 Office Day Advanced 3 Office Days
If a defective hardware component cannot be remedied through Advance Exchange, EVS shall at its sole discretion repair or replace any defective hardware component at one of its premises.
Conditions for above SLA service provision:
- Customer shall use the appropriate mean of communication to contact EVS.
- Customer shall provide all information, serial number of the system, serial number and revision of the defective part.
- Customer’s representatives onsite in charge managing the advance exchange shall have a good knowledge of Customer’s setup and workflow and shall be fully available to assist EVS whenever required during the exchange.
- Customer shall return the defective Hardware component to EVS in accordance with the EVS’ return procedure as described in the terms and conditions.
2. Hardware Upgrade subscription (same generation) - XT-VIA / XS-VIA
Provided that Customer has subscribed to a Premium SLA package or has bought this option to his Advanced SLA, Customer shall be entitled to receive any Hardware parts required to ensure compatibility with latest major Software versions of Multicam within the current generation of XT-VIA and XS-VIA. The Hardware subscription is bound to a Hardware (linked to the serial number of the XT server). Which means that when buying a Premium SLA, all serial numbers of XT servers should be known.
3. Onsite Spare Parts
Provided that Customer has subscribed to a Premium SLA or has bought the option in an Advanced SLA, EVS shall make available Onsite Spare Parts for the Term of this SLA. The list of the Onsite Spare Parts are determined and communicated by EVS after that the configuration of the Customer’s EVS system has been agreed and their value shall never exceed 2% of the related EVS system value. These Onsite Spare Parts shall be held by the Customer at the Covered Sites to ensure a faster intervention.
EVS shall retain right and title on these Onsite Spare Parts as long as they are not used by EVS or the Customer (subject to EVS’ prior consent) for the purposes of the provision of the SLA Services. Each time an Onsite Spare Part is used, the Customer shall return the defective Hardware component to EVS in accordance with the EVS’ return procedure as described in the terms and conditions and EVS will subsequently ship a corresponding replacement Hardware component to replenish the Onsite Spares list at EVS’ own costs and risks.
Upon expiration or termination of this SLA, the Customer shall send back the Onsite Spare Parts that have not been used for the purposes of the provision of the SLA Services according to EVS’ return procedure as described in the terms and conditions.
Conditions for above SLA service provisions:
- Customer shall inform EVS whenever a spare part is used;
- This option is not applicable to the "Dyvi" and "Neuron" products.
EVS shall provide SLA Services as follows:
- EVS SLA Services are triggered through the reporting of the incident by Customer to EVS, it being understood that:
- Severity Level 1 and 2 Incident can only be reported through EVS Hotline; and
- Severity Level 3 Incident can only be reported either through EVS Web Portal.
- The first assistance is provided by EVS through EVS Hotline, EVS Web Portal or EVS Mail;
- In the event that the above does not enable EVS to find a satisfactory solution to the reported Incident, EVS shall provide remote diagnostic access (i.e. VPN or other means agreed between EVS and the customer);
- In the event that the above does not enable EVS to find a satisfactory solution to the reported Incident, EVS shall provide Onsite Technical Intervention and/or specific Hardware and/or Software Assistance.
The above EVS assistance may be provided by a local partner of EVS for the provision of certain front-line SLA Services.
For further details or a quotation, please contact your EVS sales representative.
Please note that our SLA are subject to our general terms and conditions of sales.