EVS announces a new market-focused strategy and vision
- A focus on four key markets: Sports, Entertainment, News and Media
- A new internal structure led by a reinforced Executive Committee
- A new brand and visual identity to support the new vision of the company
This will be publicly unveiled at NAB 2013 (stand SL2416) under the broad theme Enriched Live Production. During the show, EVS will highlight new and innovative workflow solutions aimed at optimising the live broadcasting infrastructure to embrace new connected operations and ‘live everywhere’ offerings for the consumer.
A focused strategy
The new strategy, drawing on the existing strengths of EVS, will be focused around four key markets - Sports, Entertainment, News and Media. “It will,” says EVS CEO Joop Janssen, “enable us to better deliver our investments in R&D and product innovation, help drive the expansion of our sales network, and continue to improve our user training and customer support and bring even better products to the market faster.”
He adds: ‘Our ambition is to accelerate the growth of our company and reach a wider range of customers more quickly through a more focused strategy. Each market has its own specific challenges and opportunities, so by aligning our structure with the particular market demands of our customers, we aim to help them continue to be successful, both now and in the future.’
EVS’ four key markets are:
- EVS Sports: On the back of a highly successful Olympic sporting year, EVS is now firmly on the road to Rio 2016. EVS Sports will enable broadcasters and rights owners of all sizes and types to make use of extended remote production and multi-platform distribution to help enrich their content, maximise their revenues and improve the viewer experience. It partners with customers to help improve their live outside broadcast operations, enhance their sports venue and arena production capabilities and enable their media handling and transfer workflows.
- EVS Entertainment: With production companies looking to balance the need to produce and deliver high-quality, enriched programming as efficiently as possible, EVS’ entertainment solutions deliver ultra-reliable recording and playback for entertainment production - spanning concerts, stage shows, reality TV, talk and game shows and TV series. Its modular solutions enable the reliable and efficient ingest, editing and enrichment of content in a highly collaborative, integrated environment.
- EVS News: In the competitive world of news, EVS’ solutions provide first-to-air news production workflows to enable broadcasters to capture and keep viewers’ attention by delivering quality, live news content, fast. Enabling reliable, multi-source ingest and editing of content in a highly collaborative, integrated environment, EVS’ solutions allow broadcasters to manage news footage from multiple sources so it can be aired instantly and viewed on multiple platforms.
- EVS Media: EVS Media answers the growing needs of content owners – including film studios, broadcasters, post-production houses, archive libraries and enterprises – to manage, monetise and repurpose their valuable media content. EVS’ technology and services enable an open and flexible media asset management lifecycle – from capture and production to output and archive.
A stronger organisation
To better support the new market strategy, EVS is strengthening its Executive Committee. Fully operational from 21 February 2013, it will be headed up by CEO, Joop Janssen. The Executive Committee comprises the following people:
- Joop Janssen, Managing Director & CEO
- Luc Doneux, EVP Sports division
- Henry Alexander, SVP Entertainment and News divisions (as from April 2013)
- Benoît Février, SVP Media division
- Jacques Galloy, EVP/CFO, Corporate Services
- Bernard Stas, SVP Product strategy
- Vincent Theunissen, SVP Human resources
- Michel De Wolf, SVP/CTO
- Nicolas Bourdon, SVP Marketing
A SVP operations and professional services will soon be appointed to manage manufacturing and supply chain, customer support, project management and training functions.
The sales organisation has also been updated with Quentin Grutman as SVP EMEA, Frederic Garroy as SVP Americas and Olivier Heurteaux as SVP Asia Pacific. They report directly to CEO Joop Janssen.
A new brand, a new look
To support its new corporate strategy and vision, EVS will be rolling out a new brand and visual identity, as well as a redesigned website, www.evs.com. Janssen says: ‘The dynamic new brand aims to capture the evolving nature of our business and the way customers see us. It encapsulates all the essence and hallmarks of EVS – reliability, professionalism and passion – and combines them with innovative, fresh thinking to deliver a new market-focused approach to support our customers today and tomorrow.’
For more information about this press release, or to set up an interview with EVS, please contact:
Trade media contacts:
Nicolas BOURDON, SVP Marketing
Tel: +32 4 361 58 09, Email: email@example.com
Sarah Kelley (EMEA) or Kim Willsher (Americas and APAC)
Red Lorry Yellow Lorry (PR company)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7403 8878 / +1 310 569 2603
Corporate and financial media contacts:
Joop JANSSEN, Managing Director and CEO
Jacques GALLOY, Director & CFO
Geoffroy d’OULTREMONT, Investor Relations & Corporate Communications Manager
Tel: +32 4 361 70 14, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EVS provides its customers with reliable and innovative technology to enable the production of live, enriched video programming, allowing them to work more efficiently and boost their revenue streams. Its industry-leading broadcast and media production systems are used by broadcasters, production companies, post-production facilities, film studios, content owners and archive libraries around the globe. It spans four key markets – Sports, Entertainment, News and Media.
Founded in 1994, its innovative Live Slow Motion system revolutionised live broadcasting. Its reliable and integrated tapeless solutions, based around its market-leading XT server range, are now widely used to deliver live productions worldwide. Today, it continues to develop practical innovations, such as its C-Cast second-screen delivery platform, to help customers maximise the value of their media content.
The company is headquartered in Belgium and has offices in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and North America. Approximately 465 EVS professionals from 20 offices are selling its branded products in over 100 countries, and provide customer support globally. EVS is a public company traded on Euronext Brussels: EVS, ISIN: BE0003820371. For more information, please visit www.evs.com.
Note: All brands referred in this document are officially registered trademarks.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains forward-looking statements with respect to the business, financial condition, and results of operations of EVS and its affiliates. These statements are based on the current expectations or beliefs of EVS' management are subject to a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or performance of the Company to differ materially from those contemplated in such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties relate to changes in technology and market requirements, the company's concentration on one industry, decline in demand for the company's products and those of its affiliates, inability to timely develop and introduce new technologies, products and applications, and loss of market share and pressure on pricing resulting from competition which could cause the actual results or performance of the company to differ materially from those contemplated in such forward-looking statements. EVS undertakes no obligation to publicly release any revisions to these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.